ant-dev mailing list archives

From Craeg K Strong <cstr...@arielpartners.com>
Subject Proposed Changes for 1.4 release (was RE: PATCH: Attributes of Target can reference properties)
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 02:38:56 GMT

>Personally, I have been working on <ejbjar> improvements in anticipation of
>getting them into a 1.4 release. I will propose a release plan later
>tonight (my time) for that release. I have a list of things that I still
>want to do for Ant 1.4. I welcome input on what changes people want to see
>in 1.4.

....thought you'd never ask :-)

I would dearly love to see three changes I have been working on make
their way into
the 1.4 release.  Number one is already submitted as a patch, two and
three are
coming shortly:

1) "inheritAll" attribute for <ant> task
2) <dependset> task
3) <description> type for project

There has been lots of discussion about each of these, and none of them
breaks backward compatibility nor the "tao of ant" :-]  Whattaya say?

--Craeg

--
Craeg K. Strong                               | www.arielpartners.com
Ariel Partners LLC		              | cstrong@arielpartners.com