ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Phillips, Matthew" <Matthew.Phill...@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Subject RE: JarX: a task to generate JAR's using class dependencie s
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 01:59:58 GMT
I _think_ I'd be prepared to merge the jarx logic into the Ant jar task, but
I haven't had a look at the size of the code yet, so I may regret saying
that ;)  I agree that a generalised class dependency tracking layer would be
a Good Thing, perhaps in the form of a Visitor-style iterator.  Not being an
EJB developer, I'm not sure if that sort of capability would be all that's
required for the ejbjar task.

One thing that jarx has that the jar doesn't seem to is the option to use
regular expressions with include/exclude via statements like <exclude
regexp="my.package.(?!but_not_this_one)"/> which we pretty much depend on,
since exclude always wins in fight between conflicting rules.  I think I'd
want to add this to jar as part of a merge.

If I take this on, my timeframe for anything useful to emerge (ie prototype
merged-jarx-jar-task-with-generalised-dependency-tracking-layer v0.1a) is
likely to be 2-3 weeks.  How does that sound?

Cheers,

Matthew.