ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Anyone working on ant tasks for Oracle 9i App Svr (formerly Orion)?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 18:39:04 GMT
Can't help you out with the Oracle stuff, but as to your "Also" -- I'm not
against having an <if> task (or a more generalized <condition> task), but
your example case doesn't really need one. A <property file=...> won't
complain if the file doesn't exist, so if you want to allow for a user's
properties file to set the values, or use default values if the user
doesn't have a properties file, you can just specify both files -- eg:
  <property file="user.properties"/>
  <property file="default.properties"/>
If user.properties exists and contains settings for properties that are
also in default.properties, the values for those properties will be what
they're set to in user.properties.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)