ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2001 02:46:50 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 6:33 AM
Subject: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan

> I am calling for a vote on the Ant 1.4 Release Plan
>
> The timeline of this release plan is as follows
>
> August 3rd
>
> A 1.4 branch will be created in CVS from which a 1.4 Beta-1 build will be
> produced. The main branch will become 1.5 alpha and new development can
> resume there. From this time till release, the main focus will be on
> documentation and addressing both new and outstanding bugs. I'd like to
> increase the number of unit tests and I'd like also to improve the general
> level of javadoc that exists for all Ant classes. No new functionality
will
> be considered in this period except at the discretion of the Release
> Manager.
>
> New betas will be issued weekly, as necessary, to address issues arising.

I need to look at the .NET classes to see what changes are needed to bring
them in sync with the beta-2 release. Its probably a few param changes and
references to assemblies (think jars with the DLL extension); more complex
is the need to migrate my own C# code to verify the changes work. I'll do
this before august 3. (*)

Otherwise, I'll look at the docs and see if there are any changes, updates,
better examples to go in and the like related to the changes since 1.3. Doc
freeze is later than code freeze, right.

-Steve.

(*) I'm porbably being unduly generous to my WA state neighbours, but since
their police just said "stop it" after pulling me over do 80mph in a 60mph
bit of I-5 yesterday, I'm feeling magnanimous.