ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Pointer to AntFarm -a plugin for Jedit
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:51:42 GMT
I was just doing my weekly update of jedit, my current editor of choice (see
http://jedit.org) , and I noticed that they'd added a new plugin "antFarm",
for betas of Jedit 3.2. I had a quick play with this, before reverting to a
stable version of jedit.

1. The plugin ships with a version of ant - I don't know which but it lacked
<popertyfile>, which was enough to stop my build. Maybe optional.jar was
missing.
2. It provides a dialog box where you can select a build file, then name a
target, and schedule a build
3. it isnt threadsafe and blocks out the editor till it has finished
4. I dont know if it presaves the files first.
5. because it uses its own version, and not the one in ANT_HOME, it doesnt
work with optional tasks unless all the jars are installed under jedit.

For now, I'm going to stick with with my macros which do need customisation
for each target, but do an ant.bat -find on the command line, feeding
results to the ant console, errors to the error page, and runs in the
background. ( under http://www.iseran.com/Java/ant/ )

However, antfarm represents progress in integrating ant with jedit. Once
Conor's new ant invocation jar is stable it could be used to dynamically
load everything from inside jedit, and help with loading optional jars and
the like; Certainl we already have something else worth adding to the IDE
integration page.

-steve