ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introspection Change comments
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:27:59 GMT
On Wed,  1 Aug 2001 01:19, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> I would like to get some feedback on a change I am considering. With the
> current Introspection nested element support, the task's method
> corresponding to the nested element is called before the nested element is
> configured. I would like to add a mechanism to support the calling of this
> method after the element is configured.

+1000 ;)

> So, what do you think? It makes some tasks easier to write if the element
> is configured before it is added to the task. Certainly this was the case
> for manifests. If you think this is worthwhile, what about the naming of
> the methods eligible for this?
>
> Let me know your thoughts?

If you recall ages ago the idea of using stright Bean properties (or a subset
of) was floated (I think by Costin in about Dec?). So if you were going to
make this change I would like to see the Introspector to use either

void setMyVar( final MyType myVar );

or

void setMyVar( final MyType[] myVar );

This would make Ant tasks more bean compliant and munge better with the way
most people write code. Like/Dislike ?

Cheers,

Pete