ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ability to launch a web browser..
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:40:21 GMT
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:40, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 31 Jul 2001, <burton@relativity.yi.org> wrote:
> > Has been talked about before?
>
> Not that specific.
>
>     <exec executable="lynx" />
>
> should work, doesn't it?

There was a request to have a task that ran OS specific launcher depending on
mimetype. ie on win32 you can go

start foo.html
or
start blah.jpg

There is similar mechanisms in other desktop environments (ie KDE and I think
gnome also had a version aswell).

There was discussion but no actual implementation ;)

Cheers,

Pete