ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [ant2] SQL-like includes
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:53:43 GMT
Hi,

I was just talking with someone about the prospect of filesets with
cullers/filters etc and they pointed out n interesting thing. This same
problem was "solved" in SQL years ago. ie imagine the following is psuedo
antified sql. This would allow us to perform all the complex things that
people have asked for but simply.

Select */*.java from src/java where readable == true

So you would have

Select NAME-PATTERN from BASE-DIRECTORY where CONDITIONS

In ant1 out filesets already have the capability of representing
Select NAME-PATTERN from BASE-DIRECTORY. It would be simple to extend this
with a where clause. As a consequence of looking at this way I thought it
could be represented fairly easily by a minor change such as

<include name="**/*.java">
  <condition test="..." />
  <condition test="..." />
  <condition test="..." />