ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PATCH: Attributes of Target can reference properties
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 09:02:04 GMT

On Tue,  3 Jul 2001 18:13, Peter Vogel wrote:
> Peter D -- I think you need to rethink your position.  While templating is
> nice, and I amy even use it in the future, blocking progress of base ant
> in this manner will only lead to ant becoming a boat anchor when people
> stop being amazed by the javac task and start using it for building
> real *systems*.

I assume you are trolling. The questions you ask have been discussed in past.
Besides quite a few "real" systems are built today using ant.

And just FYI it was Stefan who blocked this not me ;) I just said I will -1
for Ant2.

> From my POV, your templating concepts ADD complexity for very little
> value...

Well for one it adds the ability of foreach/if/ etc that you seem to want?

Cheers,

Pete