ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: PATCH: taskdefs and class loaders
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:57:10 GMT
Costin,

From: <cmanolache@yahoo.com>

> Well, I kind of need this - that's why I did the patch. I guess I can
> create a new "TempTaskdef" - and use it instead of the official taskdef.
> It's a bit inconvenient - I'm already doing a number of workarounds.

It may be dangerous to assume that tasks which use the same classpath can
use the same classloader. I am already dealing with a task which
initialises a singleton. If this task were to run in the same classloader,
the second use of the task would fail since it can't re-init the singleton.
It currently requires a different classloader per use. Now, while that may
not be desirable, it is still possible.

Therefore, I would prefer an approach where the build file writer is
explicit about which tasks should use the same loader. Something like

<taskgroup>
   <classpath refid="blah"/>
   <taskdef name="foo" classname="com.foo.Foo"/>
   <taskdef name="bar" classname="com.foo.Bar"/>
</taskgroup>

Thoughts?

Conor