ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:33:11 GMT
I am calling for a vote on the Ant 1.4 Release Plan

The timeline of this release plan is as follows

August 3rd

A 1.4 branch will be created in CVS from which a 1.4 Beta-1 build will be
produced. The main branch will become 1.5 alpha and new development can
resume there. From this time till release, the main focus will be on
documentation and addressing both new and outstanding bugs. I'd like to
increase the number of unit tests and I'd like also to improve the general
level of javadoc that exists for all Ant classes. No new functionality will
be considered in this period except at the discretion of the Release
Manager.

New betas will be issued weekly, as necessary, to address issues arising.

August 24th

1. Depending on the stability of the Beta, the Release Manager will call
for a vote to adopt the latest beta build as the 1.4 release. In any case I
believe we should have a stable beta for two weeks before the release vote
will be called, so this date is somewhat flexible.

I volunteer to be release manager for this release.

Dates are based on my timezone (GMT + 10)

Cheers
Conor.

Let me start with my vote
1. Adopt Proposed Release Plan    [+1]