ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject Bug 413 options
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:20:07 GMT
I have been looking at bug 413 and have come up with some options to solve

I have introduced a new attribute to the exec task "vmlauncher", which
controls whether the VM is used to launch the command or whether the
operating system's shell is executed to run the command. The default is to
use the VM based launcher where it is available (JDK 1.3). The use of a
shell based launcher has, however, some advantages. Under windows, I expect
it to pick up the mapping for scripting languages such that execing a perl
script will launch the perl interpreter. It is also somewhat more flexible
when running commands in relative directories.

To get consistent behaviour, however, I want to change the NT and script
based launchers to always launch through the OS, even when the working
directory is not specified. (The current behaviour is to only use the OS
specific mechanism when a working directory is specified).

View raw message