ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] Aspect Representation was [DISC] Aspect implementation
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 08:19:31 GMT
Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:

> Now when I dealt with that in mutant, I wondered whether we should
> continue to support that or only allow data type values to be
> defined at the top (task level), if you know what I mean.

+1 on not supporting the id aspect on data types nested into tasks.

> Anyway, it is a usecase of aspects occuring at the element rather
> than task level.

It all depends a little bit on what kind of aspects we'll end up
with.

I've not come up with something that would be called an aspect that
would manifest itself in an attribute for things other than tasks, but
that doesn't necessarily imply that we can savely restrict
attribute-aspects to tasks.

How much do we gain if we use a restriction like this (you know, I'm
not trying to prototype something myself)?

Stefan