ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: modifying optional task code / <mimemail>
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 06:34:38 GMT
Erik Hatcher <erikhatcher@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> What's the deadline for this?  Even if your patches get committed
>> in time, it is quite possible that there will be no Ant release
>> before that.
>
> June 15 is when the article is due.

No chance of an Ant release, not even a beta 8-)

> If it was committed it would be in a nightly build that I could
> refer to (of course with the disclaimer "use at your own risk").

Well, it would probably better to advise people to extract the
complete ....optional.junit package from that nightly build and
replace the one in their Ant 1.3 copy with that package.

We've fixed some bugs from Ant 1.3 but sure opened new ones in areas
completely unrelated to the junit tasks.

I'm not sure whether the junitreport task is part of the nightly
builds at all, BTW.

> I think it would be in the best interest of Ant to let the <mail>
> and <mimemail> tasks merge so there is only one official task that
> can handle attachments optionally,

Probably.

> I will even give it a shot to work on the merger of the two,
> complete with the <fileset> piece to replace the comma-delimited
> list of files to attach or include to an e-mail.

Yes, I like the fileset idea.  Creating the merger may be tricky, but
not impossible.

> Speaking of which - how should that "files" attribute be treated if
> its replaced with the fileset feature?  Should it be removed?
> Deprecated to still work as it currently does, but just append
> <fileset> files to that list if provided?

Should be deprecated.  But I'd probably convert the files list to a
patternset and create a fileset with dir="." from it.

Stefan