ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C/C++ Compile Task - Another
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2001 07:05:58 GMT
Adam Murdoch <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> From: glenn@dryline-fw.wireless-sys.com

>> You may want a magic property like the java compiler does for
>> specifying which compiler to use if its not defined with the task.

> Not a big fan of the magic property.  Anything wrong with just
> using:
>
> <cc compiler="${would.have.been.a.magic.property}">

I don't like magic properties either, but this approach would move
from a single magic property for all projects to a project specific
one.

Ant2 will solve this with preferences (a way to set the compiler
attribute of cc unless it has been set explicitly) - for Ant1 I'd
stick with a hardcoded default for the platform.

> Another thing we could do is probe for the compilers in some
> particular order, if not explictly specified in the task.

possible - but restrict the list of probes based on the current
platform.

Stefan