ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configure->Template->Build
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:05:34 GMT

> At 11:53 AM 5/31/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>>How could this work if the files/directories in question are not
>>there at configure time but created during the build time - or the
>>build deletes other files?
>
> Almost all of these can be statically generated from precursor
> products.

I'd rather rely on a task to work with what is there at run time than
on a manually generated list of files the configuration writer expects
to be there.

Isn't this one of the main advantages of Ant over make? <javac>
detects what it has to do in contrast to you tell make which files it
has to deal with?

> I can not think of a legitimate reason not to have static mapping -
> can you ?

I didn't say that we should prohibit static mappings, just don't think
they fit with the Ant model very well.

Stefan