ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configure->Template->Build
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:18:47 GMT

> At 11:56 AM 6/5/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>I don't think you need the template stuff here at all, i.e. you can
>>achieve the effect of the templating mechanism with projectref as it
>>has been described and Ant2 features.
>
> err ... preojectref as has been described is dynamic templating (as
> is antcall/ant tasks).

If you want to call it that way ... So just perform
s/templating/static templating/g on my posts as I've never used
templating in any other context.

>>Same for rmic (which wouldn't do anything if the fileset was empty)
>>or the resources part which again just needs some filesets to copy -
>>and doesn't do anything for empty filesets.
>
> Interesting way to write a task.

What - to not do anything if there are no input files? <javac> has
been doing that for ages.

> The way you describe, templates would be a bane not a boon.

Maybe this is because this is my current impression of them, yes.

Are you talking about the static or the dynamic ones? 8-)

Stefan