ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PATCH: Attributes of Target can reference properties
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:33:22 GMT

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:06, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Peter Vogel <pvogel@arsin.com> wrote:
>> > Anyway, should I resubmit the patch so that it only expands
>> > depend?
>>
>> and modifies the documentation for target in
>> docs/manual/using.html.  I'm going to commit it unless I see a -1
>> by somebody else.
>
> I haven't followed this closely but from what I get it is expansion
> of proeprties in target/project attributes? If so I -1'ed it last
> time it came up ;)

It is a limited expansion of properties in some target attributes
(depends and description, nothing else) - this expansion happens at
parse time.

So it is a little bit different from the proposal you have vetoed back
then, and I think it addresses your concerns (if not, please restate
them 8-).

Stefan