ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] new propertyprecedence attribute for <ant> task
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 06:46:09 GMT
Craeg K. Strong <cstrong@arielpartners.com> wrote:

> The particular example I have in mind has a parent buildfile that
> calls 12 different buildfiles, a few of which need to override some
> of the defaults.  Would you object to having all of the above
> functionality?  You end up with something like the following:
>

> <ant   passallproperties="true" propertyoverride="child">
>    <param...>
>    <param...>
> </ant>

So let's introduce a set for properties?

<propertyset id="these-must-not-be-overridden">
  <property ....>
</propertyset>

<propertyset id="some-may-override-these">
  <property ....>
</propertyset>

And do something like

<ant explicit="true">
  <propertyset refid="these-must-not-be-overridden" />
</ant>

for child builds that want to override some values as well as

<ant explicit="true">
  <propertyset refid="these-must-not-be-overridden" />
  <propertyset refid="some-may-override-these" />
</ant>

for all others?

Just kicking ideas around here.

Stefan