ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [ant2] AspectHandler globals and inheritance
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:58:08 GMT
Peter Donald <> wrote:

> 1. global aspect handlers (ie used in all projects in set) as well
> as project specific handlers?

Probably yes.  Global aspect handlers are a must IMHO, I don't know
where a project specific aspect handler would help, but this only
depends upon the type of aspect and the users fantasy.

> 2. Should aspect handlers be inherited between sub-projects?

You mean: If A has subprojects B and C and B and C are otherwise
independent, can C inherit aspect handlers from B?  Don't think so.  I
agree with you that we should follow the rules for properties here.

View raw message