ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: Unadorned output (i.e. ant -emacs)
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 01:02:25 GMT
"Jay Glanville" <dickon@nortelnetworks.com> writes:

> The <record> task will record all ant output that you tell it to record.  In
> other words, you can have ant running at a normal verbosity level (info), but
> have the recorder recording at a debug level.
>
> You could try to look at the documentation online (I don't know if this is
> going to work for you):
> [[http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-ant/docs/manual/CoreTasks/recorder.html?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain]]
>
> Two caveats that you should know about:
> - the record task only starts recording when you tell it to.  Therefore, it
> doesn't log/record the initialization of ant itself.
>
> - the messageprefix="false" functionality has not been added yet.  It should
> be added within a week (depending on how quickly I get around to doing the
> submission).

You're right that the Record class doesn't seem entirely appropriate
for the effect I'm trying to achieve.  I want to modify the output of
the configured BuildLogger write to stdout, just like `ant -emacs`
does in the Main class (as opposed to filtering the output and writing
to a file).  Controlling settings on the logger via a property is the
best way I can come up to achieve this (there is a precendent with a
property like java.compiler).

I'm not really sure what to do at this point, and could use some
direction.  If there is something that I can clarify in the
explanation of my situation, please ask.  I am very willing to write
code to put this feature in place.

Thanks,
Daniel