ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scope of Types
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 09:20:54 GMT

> At 09:36 AM 6/5/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>Your counterargument is sharing values via the ${} syntax doesn't
>>require sharing types - but what if you want to share IDs?
>
> whats the difference between IDs and property values?

Using something via refid implies a typed value, using ${} does not -
especially if the defining project doesn't know the type project B
will be using.

>><projectref name="B">

This should have been name="A" as I wanted to reference a datatype
defined in A from project B.  Seems as if you've read what I wanted to
write anyway.

>>  <A:mailaddressset id="send-report-to">
>>    <address to="bodewig@apache.org" />
>>  </A:mailaddressset>
>></projectref>
>
> In that case it is better to redefine mailaddressset in project B
> aswell.

Right, and I think projectref could do just that.

Stefan