ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scope of Types
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:32:43 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>>
>> Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > whats the difference between IDs and property values?
>>
>> Using something via refid implies a typed value, using ${} does not
>> - especially if the defining project doesn't know the type project
>> B will be using.
>
> This looks kind of artificial to me. why can't I say <property
> id="..." /> meaning the same thing as name="...." ?

You can. I was talking about refid="..." vs. ${}.

> Here you are defining an id for 'A' within a pseudo-task, so the
> blank rule about forbidding this sort of thing may not be
> correct.

Who said I wanted to forbid what? 8-)

Datatypes shouldn't be treated different than properties, right?  If I
can define properties via param, I must have a way to define arbitrary
data types and pass them to subbuilds or projectrefs as well IMHO.

Stefan