ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PATCH: Attributes of Target can reference properties
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:52:00 GMT

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:14, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>> > My main concerns was that this would allow dependency tree to be
>> > modified.
>>
>> It does not - as the expansion happens at parser time.
>
> Okay then - dynamically specified on the command line if that makes
> it sound better.

Not better, but clearer 8-)

> Either way comments still apply ;)

So you say you are going to -1 every solution that allows users to
specify dependencies on the command line for Ant2 and offer templates
as the alternative.  You'd accept such a non-templating solution for
Ant1, as long as it doesn't imply it will be present in Ant2.  Is this
correct?

Stefan