ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scope of Types
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:37:10 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Was the original vote based on some very strong arguments or was
> just a go with flow kind of vote? I really have no recollection.

Just looked it up in my archives:

Peter has been +1 on having a common element, I've been +0 and -0
respectively (I saw no real reason for the unified element), Glenn
went -1 (why would we need this, we already have unified ${} handling)
and Conor -1ed it because "People want to feel that they are dealing
with filesets, not properties which happen to be filesets."

> If we come to believe, given the current more concrete picture, that
> architecturally it would be better to do something different from
> what was voted, I do not see why this cannot be discussed.

Didn't mean to imply that.

Stefan