ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ant2] High Order Aspects
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:26:23 GMT

> We have yet to discuss any of the higher order aspects such as those
> needed by GUMP. They are higher order as they require cooperation
> from the task to complete the action.

In case of the CLASSPATH aspect, this can probably be solved best if
you remove all CLASSPATH related stuff from the tasks completely -
make the tasks rely on the aspect and you don't need cooperation at
all.

This probably means we need child elements that belong to aspects
(<ant:classpath> which would just be a nicer way to write the
corresponding attribute).

I'm not sure what other "high order" aspects one can expect - maybe
the right solution will always be that tasks cooperate with them not
by implementing an interface, but by completely relying on their
presence?

Stefan