ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Listener/AspectHandler parameters
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:52:35 GMT
Peter Donald <> wrote:

> How do we allow overiding of value froms CLI and still setting
> complex properties (ie nested elements etc) from XML or CSS or
> whatever?

The best way is probably via the indirection of a file - something

ant --preferences=general.prefs --preferences=logging.prefs ...

Another option would be nested properties that would be expanded to
user preferences like javac.debug expands to the debug attribute, to the name attribute of an include child of javac
and so on.

This is a different discussion that we need to have at some point, but
right now I'm fully content with a single flame war at a time on this

View raw message