ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replace task - getting *tokens* from a properties file?
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:50:09 GMT
Jon Skeet <jon.skeet@peramon.com> wrote:

> <replace {insert src files here}>
>   <replacefilter token="<%Version%>" value="foo"/>
>   <replacefilter token="<%Name%>" value="bar"/>
> </replace>
>
> However, I'd like the property files to determine the tokens, as my
> previous build did.

Replace has a propertyfile attribute (could be new in 1.4alpha) that
does almost all you want - all you'd have to add was a way to
automatically create the equivalents of

<replacefilter token="<%KEY%>" property="KEY" />

for all your lines.

I'd probably build up on this - random thought - don't use
prefix/postfix but a full blown mapper for your token generation.

> but I'm not sure that such a patch would get accepted.

I'm not either, sounds like something very specific.

> (Speaking of which, has anyone glanced at my Zip and VSS patches
> yet?)

Not using VSS here, I will definitively look over your zip submission.

Stefan