ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configure->Template->Build
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 07:24:23 GMT

> Alternatively try to build a large scale project with both
> methods. Without any practical experience or learning from people
> who have had practical experience I can't see how you can expect
> anyone to take your "opinion" seriously.

The problem I have with this approach is, that whenever I ask for real
world examples of large scale projects I don't get any responses.  Or
if I get responses and manage to solve the problems without templates
(the static kind) they get declared bad examples afterwards.

As my 1000 class tree building about 20 modules that make up about
5-10 separate products is not a large scale project by the definition
that it would need additional templating mechanisms, I'm obviously
lacking the experience.

Stefan