ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] new propertyprecedence attribute for <ant> task
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:14:09 GMT
Glenn McAllister <glenn@somanetworks.com> wrote:

> This is a not unreasonable feature to ask for.

No, it is not.

But I'm with Conor and Jose Alberto here - if we should happen to
agree upon property passing from parent builds to sub builds for Ant2
(we could try) and it is possible to keep the current behavior for
Ant1 as a default, we should better do the same for Ant2 and Ant1.

Say we have

<ant ...>
  <property ...>
</ant>

like Conor suggests (or keep the param syntax like Jose Alberto
suggests) then we can add a flag that says "pass all properties" and
make that default to true in Ant1 (and to false in Ant2).

Stefan