ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Bullock <dbull...@lisasoft.com>
Subject Re: Ant2 needs a Logo
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:07:43 GMT
Given that the Apache logo is a feather, perhaps a suitable 'Jakarta' logo would be a leaf
( same shape, has a very high associability factor ( leaves and things are built into our
psyche ), but is different enough from a feather to

Maybe Disney would contribute a snapshot from "A Bug's Life"?  ( or maybe some graphic artist
friend could styilize something from that movie ).  They have lots of images of ants carrying
things around, including leaves.  :-)

cheers,
David.

On 7 Jun 2001, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Even though I said that I don't want to be the judge ....
>
> Bill J. Fellows <Bill.J.Fellows@mail.sprint.com> wrote:
>
> > Never claimed to be an artist, but by looking at the struts and
> > velocity logos, how about somethin' like one of these?
>
> Maybe we really should start with a generic logo for Ant before we
> create "powered by" or "built by" logos.
>
> I remember some people wanted more of a comic style logo for example.
> Once we have _the_ Ant logo, deciding on a "built by" logo would be a
> trivial task ...
>
> That being said, unless we get a really cool ant in any style, I'll
> probably prefer a nice text only logo (like yours) over a comic style
> logo.
>
> Stefan

David Bullock
LISAsoft Project Lead
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform

 email: dbullock@lisasoft.com
mobile: +61 4 0290 1228

"The key ingredients of success are a crystal-clear goal,
a realistic attack plan to achieve that goal,
and consistent, daily action to reach that goal."

Steve Maguire, "Debugging the Development Process".

LISAsoft
http://www.lisasoft.com/

Adelaide                  Sydney
38 Greenhill Rd           Level 3, 228 Pitt Street
Wayville S.A. 5034        Sydney NSW 2000
Australia                 Australia

PH  +61 8 8272 1555       PH  +61 2 9283 0877
FAX +61 8 8271 1199       FAX +61 2 9283 0866