ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel Spurling" <nathaniel.spurl...@db.com>
Subject submit new java-linking task
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:05:18 GMT

I've modified the dependency task (which generates a list of class-files on which a set of
source/class-files depend), to use the Depend classes for class-file parsing. The options/manpage
etc. are unchanged. The new source and jar are at:
     http://home.btconnect.com/ns/classresolver.html#Ant_Depend
In order to run, the task will require that the Depend task's classes be available to the
JRE (e.g. optional.jar is in the classpath when running Ant)

Hope this is OK, let me know if you need other changes...

   From:   "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 19.06.2001 10:56 ZE10

   Subject:     RE: submit new java-linking task

   Nathaniel,

   Can you have a look at the current depend task in Ant. I think you will see
   that there is code in there already to handle the parsing of Classfile
   bytecodes and the resolution of class file dependencies. Rather than having
   two copies of such code in Ant, could you look at hooking your task up to
   this code?

   The other thing I would like to do is to move the depend code into the core
   and then hook up the jar task to it so that a jar can be expanded
   automatically from a set of "root" classes to include all necessary classes.

   Conor