ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark A Russell" <mark_russ...@csgsystems.com>
Subject Adding a new datatype set?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:51:10 GMT
I'm currently working on building a custom task that needs to be able to get
its data from datasets defined outside of the target by using references.
My question is this: Is there a way to define a new dataset in the ant
buildfile, similar to defining a custom task, so that I can reference the
dataset similar to filesets etc.

Example of what I want to do:

<project name="test" default="junk" basedir=".">

	<WHAT GOES HERE TO ALLOW ME TO USE customDataSet?>

	<customDataSet id="aset">
		<some data>
	</customDataSet>

	<target name="junk">

		<mycustomTask dosomething>
			<custDataSet refid="aset"/>
		</mycustomTask>
	</target>

</project>

Or is this even possible?  I'm trying to avoid having to make changes to any
file in the base ant distribution, so if possible I don't want to change the
defaults.properties file though I will if this is the ONLY way.

I can currently create the datasets and use them fine from within the task,
but I want to be able to reference these datasets just like filesets etc.

Mark A Russell
NextGen Software Engineer
CSG Systems, Inc.
E-Mail: mark_russell@csgsystems.com