ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark A Russell" <mark_russ...@csgsystems.com>
Subject RE: C/C++ Compile Task - Another
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:27:34 GMT
We got this covered.  Currently both Adam and My code have a place to put
this though judging from his comments and my reaction I think this will end
up as some sort of nested arg.  Should result in a cleaner, easier to read
task.

Mark R

Do we want to also push this to the Ant-User list for comments?

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Vaughn [mailto:rogervaughn@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 11:30 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: C/C++ Compile Task - Another

--- Glenn McAllister <glenn@somanetworks.com> wrote:
> Mark A Russell wrote:
> > Again comments would be most welcome from the group
>
> Hope the comments from the guy who hasn't done C/C++ in a couple of years
(but
> really wants to see this task work so I can sway the last of the make
adherents
> in his workplace to the light) were useful. :-)

One thing I think you guys are going to need is something like the <arg> tag
in
<exec> - some way to specify compiler-specific options that your task
doesn't
support natively.  This will go a long way towards giving people complete
flexibility in the task.  Generic options should, of course, be preferred,
but
with so many different options on so many different compilers....and then
there
are the platform-specific gcc options!

I'm actually doing a project now that uses C++ extensions to the main Java
program, so I'll have to try these tasks out.  (Stefan, take note - if I do
this, I'll *really* need those conditionals to determine what platform I'm
on!)

roger