ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark A Russell" <mark_russ...@csgsystems.com>
Subject RE: C/C++ Compile Task - Another
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:36:53 GMT
The biggest difficulty would be that I only have access to the AIX and SUN
machine from work, so testing would be limited by that access.  Though if we
did get a complete C++ task I could definently make use of it in our
projects on those machine. So real life use good enough for test? =)

I do have access to both gcc and vstudio at home though so that won't be an
issue.

I would have no problem working on this with Adam, just as long as your not
in a big rush because I'm carrying a very full load with a full time job and
full time class schedule.

So Adam what do ya think, shall we?  I haven't yet had a chance to look at
your code but I should be able to sometime this evening.

Mark R

-----Original Message-----
From: glenn@dryline-fw.wireless-sys.com
[mailto:glenn@dryline-fw.wireless-sys.com]On Behalf Of Glenn McAllister
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 1:22 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: C/C++ Compile Task - Another

Mark A Russell wrote:

> My timing is just wrong, somebody Adam Murdoch already beat me but here it
> is anyway.

It looks like Adam and you have tackled the same problem but from slightly
different
perspectives: you've made it easy to extend, and Adam did the dependency
stuff, and
you both did different compliers.

Would the two of you be interested in working together to combine the best
features
of both tasks?  If we had a pretty complete c++ task set, I'm sure we would
win a lot
more converts to Ant. :-)

Glenn McAllister