ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: modifying optional task code / <mimemail>
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:49:33 GMT
Hi Erik,

I agree that my coding style is different and that Steve's task is the
way to go - even (besides code style) because he was more careful about
compatibility with the existing mail task.

However, there was an interesting bit you missed in my task: having CC
(Carbon Copy) and BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) recipient lists. For some
tasks these can be (as my data exports (o;= ) they can be quite
important.

There was also had a bug on building filenames for filesets - a base
directory argument was missing for building the File objects.

BUT I just loved the HTML mail thing! It really works!
=:oD

I made some fixes for the above problems and I send attached to this
mail both my new version of the MimeMail task ("MimeMail.java") and a
diff ("patch.txt") of the changes I made.

Going trough the changes as shown in the diff file:
 1- Changed imports to make dependencies explicit on a class-by-class
    basis;
 2- Added "ccList" and "bccList" properties;
 3- Changed validate() method to reflect the addition of the "ccList"
    and "bccList" properties - now the rule for destination is that
    at least one of "toList", "ccList" and "bccList" properties
    should be filled;
 4- Added addRecipients() helper method which helps on adding the
    addresses for each of the recipient lists. Another change is that
    I use the InternetAddress.parse() method instead of a
    StringTokenizer to build parse those lists;
 5- Fixed the above mentioned bug by using the base directory for
    each file in a file set;
 6- Changed the message of the exception thrown when a file does not
    exist or is not readable (this helped me diagnosing the above
    mentioned bug) in order to also show the absolute path of such
    file.

Now I am throwing away my task and using this one.
=:o)

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar