ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject RE: Tasks for GPL-ed tools (Was: Re: Problems with licenses (GPL, LGPL)and task writing)
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2001 07:36:26 GMT
Hi!

Generally I see Ant tasks under Apache Software License submitted to ant_dev
and built in our optional.jar. In your special case IMHO it demends to which
side the task belongs more: If you want to ship it with your tool perhaps
you should GPL it, if you want the task to be shipped with Ant you should
use ASF License and submit it here. For the other issues (reflection etc.) I
refer to what Peter told you - or go ask someone who knows GPL better then
we do ;-).

Greetinx,
Chris