ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject RE: The name of the license is...(was: Re: Problems with licenses (GPL, LGPL) and task writing)
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2001 11:05:31 GMT
Hi again!

IMHO both, Peter AND Jon are particulary right!

This sipped is copied from a license.txt (equal in all Apache projects):
/* ====================================================================
 * The Apache Software License, Version 1.1
 *
 * Copyright (c) 2000 The Apache Software Foundation.  All rights
 * reserved.
 *

But I did not find the acronym ASL anywhere (neither on apace.org, nor on
opensource.org or sourceforge.net). In fact there is the acronym ASF, and I
think I have read "ASF License", but I think it is a matter of words -
Perhaps Brian Behlendorf (Mr. Apache ;-)) can tell us which Acronym to use.
Until that I'll stick to "ASF License"!

Regards,
Chris