ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Lacoste <jerome.laco...@smartcardsystem.com>
Subject RE: Problems with licenses (GPL, LGPL) and task writing
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:24:10 GMT
> Not automatically.  For example, CVS is a GPL-ed tool, yet the cvs tasks
> in Ant are certainly not GPL-ed.

Nope. CVS is integrated by calling the standalone program, but not directly
calling the API, (which would make the task GPLD'd)

Cf code:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/t
ools/ant/taskdefs/Cvs.java?rev=1.15&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

  // XXX: we should use JCVS (www.ice.com/JCVS) instead of command line
  // execution so that we don't rely on having native CVS stuff around (SM)
  // We can't do it ourselves as jCVS is GPLed, a third party task
  // outside of jakarta repositories would be possible though (SB).