ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Lacoste <>
Subject RE: Problems with licenses (GPL, LGPL) and task writing
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:24:10 GMT
> Not automatically.  For example, CVS is a GPL-ed tool, yet the cvs tasks
> in Ant are certainly not GPL-ed.

Nope. CVS is integrated by calling the standalone program, but not directly
calling the API, (which would make the task GPLD'd)

Cf code:

  // XXX: we should use JCVS ( instead of command line
  // execution so that we don't rely on having native CVS stuff around (SM)
  // We can't do it ourselves as jCVS is GPLed, a third party task
  // outside of jakarta repositories would be possible though (SB).

View raw message