ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Lacoste <jerome.laco...@smartcardsystem.com>
Subject RE: Need Ammo in Make vs. Ant argument...
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:15:18 GMT
> > Actually this raises an interesting task idea: what do we have in terms
of
> > source code metric tasks -like lines of code, #of statements, #of
branches,
> > class and method counts, which could be auto extracted during a build
> > process. If some analysis was always done as part of the
> > build process, it'd be an easy way to generate interesting data.

Regarding design metrics, you may also want to have a look to JDepend (free
tool), to analyze your package dependencies. I wrote a task for it and it is
now in the optional package.

Cf
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-ant/docs/manua
l/OptionalTasks/jdepend.html?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain

Really easy to set up. Data is a little bit awkward at the beginning, but it
is an interesting approach.

Jerome