ant-dev mailing list archives

From John.D.Ca...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Coming Soon: taskdefs.org website...
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 13:23:48 GMT
Is there any value in having a wizard-type interface for part of it,
that would pre-compile, and pre-configure an Ant custom distribution to
use certain "fringe" tasks?  Like making sure the libraries needed are
present, etc. and then zipping everything up together?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim.Vernum [mailto:Tim.Vernum@macquarie.com.au]
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 1:35 AM
To: ant-dev
Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCE] Coming Soon: taskdefs.org website...

From: Jon Stevens [mailto:jon@latchkey.com]

> on 6/1/01 7:21 AM, "John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com"
> <John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com> wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to announce that I've started a website in my
> spare time
> > to host user-submitted taskdefs. It will (eventually) provide a
> > browse/search repository, method for online submission of new tasks,
> > and more.
> >
> > I just wanted to pick your collective brains about whether this is a
> > good idea or not, and if it is, then what features would be best to
> > spend the majority of my limited time on...
> >
> > Regards,
> > John Casey
> >

> Congrats! That is most excellent!

Yep, +10
I would have done it myself, but 90% of my java hacking is done at
work, and
my net abilities are limited.

All I really need is somewhere to put a task with
 * Task code
 * Documentation
 * Sample build file

And then have a url I can point people to when they say
	"I wanna foreach task"

Obviously searching is useful too.
I don't think you need any sort of CVS though.