ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject Anyone fancy giving me a hand with an RFE to Sun?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:57:33 GMT
Hi,

I've thought a few times over the last couple of years that it would be
rather nice if Sun had a *supported* way of calling the Java compiler.
I've asked on comp.lang.java.programmer, and had some nice feedback, and
now I'm going to take the discussion to email. What I'd like is very
similar to that required by RFE 4164450
(http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4164450.html)
but my interface might be slightly different.

Obviously if this came about, Ant might very well benefit from it
(especially if we can get dependency information out), and I'm sure the
developers here have valuable insights into what might be desirable.

If you're interested in contributing to this RFE (which may well
actually just be a comment at the bottom of 4164450 with a pointer to a
web site with further details; I have a contact who may be able to get
this in front of a decision-maker) please email me directly (so as not
to clutter up the Ant-Dev list) and I'll add you to the distribution
list. (If it ever gets to be a good and full discussion, we can start a
proper list instead of just a load of mail addresses, but that can come
later.)

Jon