ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Coming Soon: taskdefs.org website...
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2001 06:34:54 GMT
From: Jon Stevens [mailto:jon@latchkey.com]

> on 6/1/01 7:21 AM, "John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com"
> <John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com> wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to announce that I've started a website in my
> spare time
> > to host user-submitted taskdefs. It will (eventually) provide a
> > browse/search repository, method for online submission of new tasks,
> > and more.
> >
> > I just wanted to pick your collective brains about whether this is a
> > good idea or not, and if it is, then what features would be best to
> > spend the majority of my limited time on...
> >
> > Regards,
> > John Casey
> >

> Congrats! That is most excellent!

Yep, +10
I would have done it myself, but 90% of my java hacking is done at work, and
my net abilities are limited.

All I really need is somewhere to put a task with
 * Task code
 * Documentation
 * Sample build file

And then have a url I can point people to when they say
	"I wanna foreach task"

Obviously searching is useful too.
I don't think you need any sort of CVS though.