ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Keen <...@interactiveportal.com>
Subject RE: ejbjar
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:49:23 GMT
Conor, thanks for your reply.  When I commented out the <support> element, I
no longer got the "superclass" error.  When I added it back in, the error
reappeared.  The "classpath" attribute of <ejbjar> had no impact in
correcting this error, although I know this attribute is correct, because my
ejb's wouldn't jar without it.  Then, when I set my CLASSPATH env. variable,
the "superclass" error went away.

The error is being thrown from GenericDeploymentTool.checkAndAddInherited.
A "NoClassDefFoundError" is being thrown when it attempts to load a class
using the ClassLoader.loadClass method.  I modified the code slightly to
determine exactly what class was not found, and it was a class located in my
weblogic.jar file (which was *definitely* in my "classpath" attribute of
<ejbjar>).  So I still contend that my original hypothesis is correct.  The
"loadClass" method is not picking up anything from the "classpath"
attribute.  It is looking at the CLASSPATH env. variable.

Regards,
Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 7:20 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: ejbjar

Ed,

The <support> element is used to add files to the ejbjar. It doesn't treat
them as classes as such and so the classpath is not really appropriate. The
check for super classes is unrelated to the support files. You can specify
classpath elements for ejbjar so that you don't have to change your
CLASSPATH environment variable. These classpath elements should be used to
locate the super classes.

Anyway, I am currently working on a better way to manage support files for
ejbjars.

Hope that is clear.

Conor