ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: Classpath and style task
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:46:20 GMT
[a sort of old thread]

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> [snip]
>  « processor : name of the XSLT processor to use [...] The
> first one found in your class path is the one that is used.
> »
>
> But there is no provision at all for specifying the
> classpath, like in « javac ».
>
> I don't want to set up a specific system-wide classpath on
> all our
> stations just for « style » (and btw how am I supposed to
> set up the classpath so Forte passes it to ant under Windows
> ?). More to the point, I don't want to rely on the users
> classpath at all.

So this seems to be implemented in dev builds now, good. I agree that
generally when a task needs some extra library, using <classpath> is
nicest. Of course when you use <taskdef> this comes for free, but for
"standard optional" tasks this is not possible. Hopefully Ant 2 will be
cleaner in this area.

BTW for Forte, best to ask on the Forte mailing lists or check its
online help, but in short: for optional.jar tasks, add any needed
additional JARs (xalan.jar, junit.jar, ...) to ${fortedir}/lib/ext/ and
restart.

Cheers,
-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR