ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lions, Import, and ProjectRef, oh my !
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:19:31 GMT
At 12:59 AM 6/13/01 +1000, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>> >Also, I do not yet see the need to impose an order on the elements in
>the
>> >build file.
>>
>> What advantage do you see in not formalizing order?
>
>flexibility - what advantage is there to fixing the order.

Well - I can't recall ever seeing a build file with properties that come
after the first <target> element. If I did come across such a build file I
would almost definetly get confused because I don't look for properties
intermingled with targets. I guess I would just like to get rid of the most
uneeded flexability as possible.

Cheers,

Pete