ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lions, Import, and ProjectRef, oh my !
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:19:04 GMT
At 04:46 PM 6/12/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>>BTW, can we have meaningful subject lines? What is the meaning of
>>>the Lions reference?
>>
>> It is meaningful - it is a comment on the state of ant-dev via
>> reference to a classical film ;) Cheers,
>
>In Germany we have this nasty idea that nobody would go to the cinema
>and watch a movie unless the title has been translated 8-).  As I
>don't expect you to know the name of the movie in Germany, could you
>please give a little hint on which one you are talking about (can't
>remember anything with "Löwe" that would apply to ant-dev).

I actually forget the name of the movie (I am shocking with names). It was
about a girl (dorothy?) who went to magic land where had to travel to OZ
along a yellow brick road. She goes with her dog Todo and meets up with
other characters (tinman, strawman and the cowardly lion). After much
"journeying" they get to OZ only to have her wake up. Exactly at the place
she started.

The specific reference is one of the the things they say/sing/chant along
the way. "Lions, and Tigers and Bears - oh my!" or something similar.
Anyway if you know the film you can probably guess the reference ;)

Cheers,

Pete