ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Lions, Import, and ProjectRef, oh my !
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:34:51 GMT
At 02:11 PM 6/12/01 +0100, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
>> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>>
>> Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

>> > What use would that be?
>>
>> I don't really know, but I also don't know why people need a way to
>> define the project's basedir on the command line - I only know they
>> do.
>
>How about projects having more than one <projectref> ?
>
>  <projectref name="a" location="${module.dir}/a.xml" />
>  <projectref name="b" location="${module.dir}/b.xml" />
>  <projectref name="c" location="${module.dir}/c.xml" />

Why do you need ${module.dir}? References to other projects are supposed to
be static, parse time values.

>Same can be said for external libraries (not in $ANT_HOME/lib) and so on.

all libraries used from import are location independent (ie we search well
know places for appropraite library). If you want to load types from a
particular location then you use taskdef instead.
Cheers,

Pete