ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: Lions, Import, and ProjectRef, oh my !
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:31:43 GMT
At 02:06 PM 6/12/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Peter Donald <> wrote:
>> At 03:25 PM 6/11/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>>Do you want to explicitly prohibit <import lib="${mylibrary}" />?
>> What use would that be?
>I don't really know,

Well I think it is just evil. I would hate to see something like the
following in java/python/other languages. And I would also hate to see it
in ant ;)

>but I also don't know why people need a way to
>define the project's basedir on the command line - I only know they

I know why some people do it (hint it has to do with generic build files
and is a hack because ant does not have templates). Other people use it as
a generic reusable script (I have seen it used to update/manipulate
projects from CVS and specifying "." as basedir).