ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Lions, Import, and ProjectRef, oh my !
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:09:53 GMT
At 12:48 PM 6/11/01 +0100, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
>But how can you pass <param> to your <projectref> if you cannot have
><property> declared before hand. Same applies for the location attributes of
><projectref> and so on.

What you describe as projectref is not a project reference. It is
generation of a project instance from a project template based on specified
parameters and subsequent modification of current project model to link it
to generated template instance. I use projectref to mean a reference to
another project.

>You should always be able to define <properties> before anything else.

Why? properties will never be expanded in projectrefs or imports.

Cheers,

Pete